Location: The IGDA Student SIG Discord Server, on the #ask-me-anything channel.
Date & Time: Tuesday, December 12th at 11:00am PST, and the event will last for one hour.
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Other timezones are listed below for reference:
- Tuesday 9:00am HST (Honolulu)
- Tuesday 11:00am PST (Vancouver, Seattle, Los Angeles)
- Tuesday 1:00pm CDT (Mexico City, Houston)
- Tuesday 2:00pm EST (New York, Toronto, Atlanta)
- Tuesday 7:00pm GMT (London)
- Tuesday 10:00pm GMT+3 (Istanbul)
- Wednesday 12:30am IST (Mumbai)
- Wednesday 3:00am PHT (Manila)
- Wednesday 4:00am JST (Tokyo)
- Wednesday 6:00pm AEDT (Sydney)
What is an AMA?
AMA stands for “Ask Me Anything.” It’s a format for hosting online discussions, where the audience asks questions of the guest speaker during a set amount of time. The format became popular on Reddit, but we hold our AMAs on our community Discord server.
To participate in an AMA, simply log into our server during the scheduled time and post questions under the #ask-me-anything channel. If you know you can’t be online for a particular AMA, feel free to post your question on the channel during the days leading up to the event.
We try to schedule each AMA during different times of the day in order to accommodate for different timezones. So if one AMA is scheduled at an inconvenient time, the next one might be scheduled at a better time for you.
Want to Volunteer?
If you’re a pro who’s interested in hosting an AMA with students, feel free to contact us at students@IGDA.org. Also, feel free to contact us If you’re interested in volunteering for the IGDA Student SIG in general. We’re always looking for more help!